Be a part of something bigger

What is the purpose of this forum?

· 5 · 2928

ronsed

• View Profile
What is the purpose of this forum?
« on: April 16, 2021, 02:06:14 PM »
I'm kind of puzzled...

As VINCE WOOLL said this forum is not for support - than what is the purpose of it?
Can't see any topics yet, so from my perspective the creator/ or creators of Jomres should be active here - especially now, when the forum is empty.

I know already it is better for the support to follow the tickets but it doesn't make much sense as, probably the same issues will be asked by more and more people, so it's better to post it here than in tickets...

In other words if I post the problem here, if I get the solution here, if anybody with the same issue comes here, then we all can use that, without creating tickets.
And if somebody has further problems the whole community can help. INCLUDING Vince Woll.

Otherwise it won't work. 

Vince Wooll

• Jomres' creator
    • View Profile
    • Jomres, the online booking engine for Joomla and Wordpress
Re: What is the purpose of this forum?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 11:15:44 AM »
I haven't linked this forum to the jomres.net main site yet as I'm still in the process of setting it up. That's why it's virtually empty right now.

It's for the community to talk to each other. Remember, Jomres Core is free, but free also = no support therefore people who want to ask for help but don't have a support license can do that here. Also, anybody can add their own ideas and thoughts can do that here.
If you need support, please create a support ticket at https://tickets.jomres.net
I don't answer Personal Messages on this forum.

Ally

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 05:01:48 AM »
Good to see some interaction in this new Jomres community facility.

I found the original forum very useful to draw on other peoples experiences . As a complete novice of Joomla & Wordpress usage of Jomres, going back to 2014, I was able to get my head around the software and make it work really well for me and the booking system site owners I support.

In my opinion, if folks respect that the forum owner is offering a discussion facility for the Jomres community to share their opinions and experiences, then the relationship the community has with the owner is just fine.

But if some of the community want to use the forum as their main source of support, then they may grow frustrated. The forum owner has a business to consider and we as members & users of Jomres should respect that.

I would respectfully suggest if people need an answer to a question, that is not obvious from the excellent documentation of Jomres, then posting an open question here for discussion before raising a ticket with Vince is surely one of the main purposes of this forum.

Thanks again Vince for your honesty & dedication to providing such a brilliant system that we can customise to suit our needs.

Vince Wooll

• Jomres' creator
    • View Profile
    • Jomres, the online booking engine for Joomla and Wordpress
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 06:49:03 AM »
Thank you Ally.
If you need support, please create a support ticket at https://tickets.jomres.net
I don't answer Personal Messages on this forum.

rrmdp

• View Profile
    • Jomres Plugins & Development
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 05:59:54 PM »
Hey Ally, it's so nice to see you around, hope you are doing very well!!!

I miss the forum so much too!