Be a part of something bigger

All listings

· 7 · 1071

ronsed

• View Profile
All listings
« on: June 12, 2021, 11:28:56 PM »
When I hit the all listings menu position Jomres displays sample offers from all categories as one (I guess) module position.

What is the module/plugin (*or whatever that is) name, so I could publish that on main page as well???

Vince Wooll

• Jomres' creator
    • View Profile
    • Jomres, the online booking engine for Joomla and Wordpress
Re: All listings
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 11:34:22 AM »
Take a look at the shortcodes page for whatever plugin you want to show. The shortcodes page will list arguments that the plugin will accept.

http://www.jomres.net/manual/developers-guide-2/92-shortcodes
If you need support, please create a support ticket at https://tickets.jomres.net
I don't answer Personal Messages on this forum.

ronsed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 12:12:32 AM »
Again it's not helping...

In the package I downloaded from your site... was it already there?
If yes - Why isn't that working?
If no - why wasn't it there?

And where do I get that from?

And after reading the article you sent...
I have no idea what the short codes are for... (guess to show something, somewhere, somehow).
Sorry but I'm not a developer I'm just a user, and it's written with a language that normal "bread eater" won't understand.

So again, what should I do to display that something, in that something so it will be shown in the ara I need.
Yes I can't even name that something correctly, because I don't know how it works.
Comparing to other joomla projects I have ever put my hands on - that was just a matter of assigning modules, to the chosen position.
And what I see in the package you sold me - is a mess. No logic at all.
So I'm afraid you're the only person that might help.

Please go back to my first post.

What plugin is it?
What shortcode should I use?
Where should I put the code?

I didn't design that site/platform all I can do is to follow your instruction, but it has to be precise.
Otherwise I can just complain, ask again and again,  or just take my pc and smash it on the floor, but it's not constructive.
So please focus. I don't want to waste another months getting frustrated.
I want this project to be done.

I have to translate that, connect to some payment processor, put the offers, and try to administer it.
So far I reinstalled that couple of times, wasted time, asked questions, got no answers that helped, and lost few pages from the callendar...

Customer satisfaction level: Don't ask... :-X

Vince Wooll

• Jomres' creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 10:45:10 AM »
All listings isn't a module, it's the Jomres main page. If you're not a property manager, by default you'll see a set of search results.

If you want to show something different, instead of that menu option linking directly to the Jomres component you could link to an article instead and in that article you could add a search shortcode, for example {jomres search &country=GB}

If you use the Admin > Jomres Tools > Shortcodes page you can see the shortcode options that are available to you. The shortcode list for search is dynamically generated and gives you

{jomres search &country=GB&region=1111&town=Torquay&feature_uids=32&room_type=2&ptype=1&priceranges=100-200&guestnumber=1&stars=4&arrivalDate=2021/06/18&departureDate=2021/06/19&cat_id=1}

but of course you wouldn't want to use all of those options, so you'd trim it down to look something like

{jomres search &town=Torquay}

or

{jomres search &feature_uids=32}

or

{jomres search &cat_id=1}

If you need support, please create a support ticket at https://tickets.jomres.net

ronsed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 02:15:14 PM »
All listings isn't a module, it's the Jomres main page.

Got it. Than the easiest way would be just adding a slider on top of that main page.
It's not there - so gw can I add one?
(the same type as for all other menu positions)

Eg. If I go to admin> module manager and choose "Image slider - tours" and assign it to "all listings", than it's not being displayed.
So we're getting back to the template issue... (I guessing again)...

This means that this menu position uses a different template style, with no room for a slider.

The next step I take, is to assign a different template to that menu position.
Now I see just the slider and all the other modules/plugins related to "all listings" are gone...

The big question is why?

so do I need to add something to the "Previewjr_leotian - Landing Pages EN" template to see these manu position related things?
OR o I need to add something to the "jr_leotian - Default EN" template to just add the slider?

But what and how?

This template "editor" is a nightmare... but I want to stick with this template.

ronsed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 07:54:55 PM »
The same problem applies to this module/plugin i added in the attached picture

How did you put that into "all listings" page, and how can I copy that to other menu items?
I know it's about the template... but you made it somehow, so probably I can get that info from you.

Vince Wooll

• Jomres' creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 09:55:19 AM »
Eg. If I go to admin> module manager and choose "Image slider - tours" and assign it to "all listings", than it's not being displayed.
So we're getting back to the template issue... (I guessing again)...

It wont be shown because All Listings is the Jomres page so you can't simply assign shortcodes to it because it's the component view. This isn't an issue with the template.

Did you try moving the module to the module positions : " position-1 position-2 position-3or position-4 "?