Be a part of something bigger

Templates

· 8 · 921

ronsed

• View Profile
Templates
« on: June 06, 2021, 10:31:38 PM »
As I see jomres uses couple of template styles.

1. jr_leotian - Default
2. jr_leotian - Default (Language)
3. jr_leotian - Landing Pages

Menu position "all listings" uses one of them - sadly way different than the other menu positions.
When I assign "all listings" to "Landing pages" then I get the template I want, but I lose all the content of this menu position...  >:(

I'm pulling my hair out for more than a month to figure out, what module displays this content? - seems none...
So I guess it must be "joomla content" which for some reason is not enabled in "Landing Pages" style...

(And this is why I hate Joomla 3.x  so much in J1.5 everything was so easy one template for all and you're good to go. Now they messed the logic of using templates to the point, where my 12 years of experience was flushed in the toilet.)

How can I edit the style to get this output?

ronsed

• View Profile
Re: Templates
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 11:04:12 PM »
And how can I edit these templates?

Sorry but comparing to for example helium template, where editing is quite user friendly, in jr_leotian I can't see any place where I can add modules to the template in the place I want it to be, change anything or just take a look what position I need to assign to a module.

"Thanks to that" I can't even publish top meny in a new language... because I have no clue what position to use.

Maybe a solution would be some sort of link to this template's manual? (Please)

Sure I might change the template, but I can't find anu with such impressive animations... So 'm quite pleased with the existing one. But it is 100% useless template if I don't know how to use it.

So let me also post a wish-list here for new versions of Jomres...

More user-friendly template would be No. 1

Vince Wooll

• Jomres' creator
    • View Profile
    • Jomres, the online booking engine for Joomla and Wordpress
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 03:30:03 PM »
Leohtian is based on the T3 framework, you can find the documentation for that here https://www.t3-framework.org/
If you need support, please create a support ticket at https://tickets.jomres.net
I don't answer Personal Messages on this forum.

ronsed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 11:49:17 PM »
Great, but redirecting me to tons of articles, which are not related to my question is not helping...

I asked a simple question, that you as a developer and creator of jomres should answer in a split second.
So let me try again:

How do I publish the slider module for "all listings" menu position?

radleyominguez

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 10:51:11 AM »
Vince should know this, he entered the code for it.

For the top menu search:
Its one of these folders:
public_html/templates/jr_leotian/html

or one of these files:
public_html/templates/jr_leotian/html/com_jomres

Sorry I don't remember the folder or file name, its been so long ago.

Just like you said in one of your post, What is the purpose of this forum?
radley

Vince Wooll

• Jomres' creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 08:55:07 AM »
Given that my goal is to sell Support licenses, it's not in my best interest to give it away for free.

The title of the forum is Community Forum, i.e. where members of the community help each other out. If the community can't help then please raise a support ticket, if you have a valid download and support license.
If you need support, please create a support ticket at https://tickets.jomres.net

radleyominguez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 08:09:59 PM »
This is NOT a Community Forum! This is VINCE'S FORUM!

Vince always want you to raise a ticket!

So why does Vince has this forum?

radley

Vince Wooll

• Jomres' creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 07:03:30 AM »
Given that you've answered Ronsed's question here http://forum.jomres.net/index.php/topic,191.msg832.html#msg832 I think you've proven that it can be a community forum, should the community choose to step up.

Or, the community can complain that they're not getting the support they want because they refuse to raise a support ticket, probably because they're unwilling to pay for support.

My goal here is to find a balance. I need to make income so that I can continue to pay my bills and at the same time I want the ecosystem around Jomres to thrive because people aren't forced to raise a ticket for every tiny little question that's been asked a thousand times before and they haven't yet found the answer in the manual.

You can either choose to be a productive member of this community, or you don't. If you can't, please make way for those people who want this to grow as a useful resource for everybody.